Lightest Car

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Lightest Car
From: "Michael D. Miles, PE" <mdmiles@mdmpe.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 21:23:26 -0700
I didn't see the initial post and whether the question was the lightest car
imported to the US or the lightest produced in a specific timeframe.

Within the US, I would suspect the Crosley gets the credit since it was
introduced in 1939 at 925 pounds and rose to a whopping 1,077 pounds for
the Super Sedan 2dr and 1480 pounds for the Super Wagon (all of which were
less than $1.00/pound.

Of course the Lotus Seven ranged from 725 lbs (series 1) to 1310 (twin cam)
and the first series Elite was a trim 1480 lbs but do they really count as
production cars or customer-assembled?

--
"Entropy Happens!"
Michael D. Miles, PE  Consulting Design Engineer