Fuel pump replacement

To: "Jay Snavely" <jays@paonline.com>
Subject: Fuel pump replacement
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 09:30:41 -0400
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "Jay Snavely"
>I am trying to replace the fuel pump in my 74 TR6 with a new pump made by
Moprod, apparently a UK company.  It is a model FP32.  It appears to be a
replacement, although the actuation arm is a little shorter.  It did
contact
the cam, offered resistance, and fit OK.  I got the fuel lines hooked up,
but the pump is not pumping.  I cracked the inlet and outlet fittings, and
there is gas at the inlet, but not the outlet.  I have cranked the engine a
number of times.  <

Jay, I have encountered the situation where the check valves were stuck
closed and wouldn't allow gasoline to pass.  This was on a TR3 where I
could disassemble the pump and break loose the valves by hand.  It's been
fine since).  I am not familiar with your pump and don't know the best way
to go about checking the valves but maybe you can figure it out.

Good luck

Dave Massey