Fuel pump replacement

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel pump replacement
From: "Jay Snavely" <jays@paonline.com>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 07:55:17 -0400
I am trying to replace the fuel pump in my 74 TR6 with a new pump made by
Moprod, apparently a UK company.  It is a model FP32.  It appears to be a
replacement, although the actuation arm is a little shorter.  It did contact
the cam, offered resistance, and fit OK.  I got the fuel lines hooked up,
but the pump is not pumping.  I cracked the inlet and outlet fittings, and
there is gas at the inlet, but not the outlet.  I have cranked the engine a
number of times.  It seems the gas level would be high enough to fill the
pump.  Does it need to be primed?  The other possibility is that the lever
does not contact the cam properly, but I could feel resistance when I
tightened the nuts, so I thought that was OK.

Jay
74TR6