TR4A Tire Info

To: list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4A Tire Info
From: Jim <cartr4a@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 11:43:10 -0500
Just thought I would pass on some tire info.  For the sake of
originality, I put 5.60x15 bias ply tires on my '67 TR4A.  Big mistake.
I was never happy with the ride or handling.  I didn't want the usual
165R15's because I wanted a bigger tire(diameter), and a whitewall.  I
finally found a replacement and couldn't be happier.  I found a Cooper
tire, 195/75x15 with a 7/8ths inch whitewall.  Perfect!  I was a little
concerned about the wire wheel width,  5" rims are recommended, but all
seems fine on my 4 1/2's. Ride and handling is greatly improved. Feels
like I have a brand new car!

...and a thank you to NIKKI. Petterson Tire did a great job!

Jim
'67 TR4A  CTC72499L
'68 GT6  KC7016L