TR6 Suspension Question...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Suspension Question...
From: SHOMWAY@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 11:32:00 EDT
Im in the process of rebuilding my front suspension. I decided to do one side
at a time just in case i forgot how it went back together...better safe than
sorry. I started on the front left side(drivers side) and disassembled the
entire assembly, cleaned and painted everything and installed new bushings.
The problem is that i seem to have an extra spacer. This spacer is about 1/3
the size(3/8" long) of the two spacers that connect the steering arm to the
vertical link and is of the same diameter as the two spacers. Thinking i must
have missed something i then disassembled the right side to see if i could
find its location on that side. The right side only has the two spacers. My
question is WHERE does this shorter spacer go? Is the front suspension
different from the left side compared to the right side? Any help is greatly
appreciated. Thanks

Gordie Swart
76 TR6