59 TR3A, George Warner, possible racing history

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 59 TR3A, George Warner, possible racing history
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 17:53:07 EDT
When I purchased my TR3A out of Linden NJ.  The seller gave me two titles
which didn't belong to either car that I brought home.  One of the titles has
the name George Warner on it. During my restoration, the damage that I
encountered and the cut outs for air flow in the grill gave evidence that the
car was possibly raced at one time.

Well, this morning out of the blue, the seller gave me a call to see how I
was doing with the car.  Apparently, he was organizing some paperwork and
came across the bill of sale with my phone number.

During our conversation, I asked him if he knew the original owner.  He then
told me that it was George Warner of Elizabeth,NJ. who unfortunately is
deceased. That's how he came into ownership of the Tiumphs.  He also said
that Mr. Warner was involved with racing and he thought that he had some
articles (not involving Triumph) that mentions George Warner and Sebring.

My question to the list, especially those in New Jersey. Does anyone have any
info about George Warner and did he race or have some involvement with
Triumph cars especially a silverstone gray 59 TR3A, TS 58399.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Gary Bouffard