RE: Brake Fluif

Subject: RE: Brake Fluif
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 14:35:42 -0700
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Bzzt ! Wrong !

While it's true that Girling brake fluid meets DOT 3/4, it is _not_ true
that the DOT 3/4 rating means American-made brake fluif will not eat natural
rubber brake seals !  I demonstrated this beyond doubt, on my own car, in
1978 (ruining 2 MC kits and 5 slave kits in the process).

However, apparently no one has made natural rubber brake components in many
years, so either buy Castrol brake fluid (still cheap and readily available,
and Castrol LMA is supposed to be one of the best DOT 4 fluifs around), or
change the seals and don't worry about it.

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver