RE: Valances and LRP

To: "'Richard B Gosling'" <Gosling_Richard_B@perkins.com>, spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Valances and LRP
From: Chris De Wet <DeWetC1@sapo.co.za>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 12:16:14 +0200
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "'british-cars-pre-war@autox.team.net'" <british-cars-pre-war@autox.team.net>
Richard et al.

We don't have many Triumphs in South Africa , nor any Triumph parts
suppliers , but at least leaded fuel is still readily available . So it
seems that the " Dark " continent is not so dark after all :-) ... But then
again  , our fuel prices are very high :-( ... Can't win them all it seems .

Un-leaded has also been available for a few years and a new " Duel Fuel "
has recently been introduced . The new duel fuel is reportedly guaranteed
suitable for use in both normal and un-leaded engines . Maybe it's the same
as your LRP ?

Maybe if I start sending out cans of leaded fuel to my UK and USA list
friends it would motivate them to send me some Triumph parts :-)

Kind regards .
Chris de Wet .
PO Box 472 , Ifafi , 0260 , South Africa .

'56 TR 3 ( TS 10795 ) + '64 Spitfire 4 Mk 1 ( FC 25680 ) .

Triumph Sports Car Club of South Africa membership number : 2117
Triumph Sports Car Club ( Pretoria Centre ) membership number : 356 .

Projects ( sadly for sale ):
'62 Herald 1200 Coupe , '65 Herald 12/50 ( convertible ) ,
'63 Spitfire 4 Mk 1 , '66 Spitfire 4 Mk 2 .