TR6s and Neons

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6s and Neons
From: "Dennis N Culligan" <dncullig@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 15:24:18 -0400 .com> |March 21, 2001) at 05/15/2001 03:24:22 PM
Irv Korey wrote:
>FWIW, my stock 74 US spec TR6 without overdrive would do an
>indicated 116 with 2 aboard. This took me to the 5800 rpm
>redline.

      I'm with Irv.  My completely stock '76 TR6 (smog pump and all) will
do
about 115 (although the nose starts getting a little light at about 105).
occasionally autocross on the weekends, and I beat some of the newer
cars and some of them beat me - it's usually a case of driver experience -
I often beat the kids but lose to the adults in their VW GTIs, Toyotas,
etc).

Dennis Culligan / 1976 TR6 CF57948U / Highland ,NY /
                              DNCULLIG@US.IBM.COM