TR3 mph and rpm

To: gussiefinknottle@msn.com
Subject: TR3 mph and rpm
From: wallaces@superaje.com
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 17:24:11 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Adrian,
That rpm reading is way off. You obviously have had a DPO install a thing
called an "overdrive" which is about as useful as a racing stripe. Probably
some dude took one tab too many in '69 and thought it would be a far-out idea
to install this device. I will come to Springtime, NC, and help you remove it.
Jim
PS My Volvo P1800S had the same problem. 50 mph = 2500 rpm. Finally the
overdrive got low on fluif and the rpm went up where to it was supposed to be,
and it had lots more torque. You need more torque too.
PPS What's with your email address?
From: "Adrian Jones" <gussiefinknottle@msn.com>

Ok, I can't stand it any longer.  How did Triumph manage to arrange it so
that the road speed in 4th is exactly twice the rpm (or I should say
rpm/100)
Regards, Adrian (Springtime in NC, TR3 running great!)