74 TR6 driver door switches

To: Edward Lancaster <elancast@bellsouth.net>
Subject: 74 TR6 driver door switches
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 17:09:40 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by Edward Lancaster
>In investigating why the tunnel lights failed to operate when the
driver's door was opened, I discovered that the single pole switch which
operates these lights had been removed from the car. The wire and
connector are in place under the dash......just no switch. Question.....
The double pole switch for the seat belt buzzer and light is still in
place. However, this system has been disconnected. Can the double pole
switch be used for the tunnel lights or do I need to install a single
pole switch as per original. I understand that that the double pole
switch was used to switch power rather than simply switching to ground.
<

Ed,

Yes you can use that switch for the curtesy lamp.  Just connect your wire
to one of the wires on the switch and connect the other switch wire to
earth and voila!

One note, however, the probably reason the other switch was removed was due
to corroded contacts that prevented electrical conduction.  The other
switch is just as old.

Dave Massey