2 Questions (TR4)

To: "Freeman, Noah" <Noah.Freeman@Bain.com>
Subject: 2 Questions (TR4)
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 17:09:45 -0400
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "Freeman, Noah"
>2)     Incorrectly reading temp guage- My car was running consistently
>pegged at "100" ont he temp gague, but a thermometer stuck in the radiotar
>reads about 80C...how do I make hte temp guage work better, to tell me if
>something is going wrong?  Replace the gauge?  Replace the sensor?

Does your gas gauge read hight, too?  It could be your voltage stabilizer
(a little device the throught he magic of PWM maintains a constant 10 volts
(average) on your gauge set.

>4)     Left front wheel touching the fender and rubbing on hard right
>corners while braking...im going to jack it up and look..any best guesses
on
>whats wrong, what to look for?

A) Tires too big.  B) springs sagging.  C) bushings worn out allowing the
suspension to deviate too far from it's intended postion.  D) Steering stop
missing. E) Broken frame weldments (I had this problem).

Good luck

Dave

<