electrical question, as always....

To: 6 Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>, TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: electrical question, as always....
From: KTnKT <ktnkt@cape.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 19:39:57 -0400
Cc: Dan Masters <DANMAS@aol.com>, Richard & Sally Hopfner <rlhstudio@aol.com>
    Greetings friends,
                 We helped a club member tune his carbs a couple weeks
ago ('73-'74 TR6) and saw that his ignition light was on while running.
(this car is a recent purchase) We found there was no charge coming from
the alternator. He has since bought and installed a new alternator, and
now sees that the ignition light stays on all the time, even with the
key removed. He has to disconnect the battery cable to shut off the
light. I thought I saw something about this on the list a while back,
but lost track of the results for the fix. Taping over the light
probably isn't an option. I'll forward any leads on to him. Thanks for
any help you can offer.
  Kevin Thompson
Cape Cod British Car Club