TR4A: changing wheel studs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4A: changing wheel studs
From: Cliff Hansen <hansenc@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 17:40:36 -0600
Hi,

Since I'm switching from wire wheels to Minilites, I need to change to
longer wheel studs.  Getting the old studs out is no problem: just pop them
with a dead-blow hammer.  However, I spent two hours with an impact wrench
and a long bar and managed to get two new studs in.  These things have a
splined interference fit with the hub.  Putting a spacer between the lug
nut and the hub, I've been using my impact wrench to start pulling the stud
in, then finishing with the long bar and a socket.

Is there an easier way?

Thanks,

Cliff Hansen
hansenc@flash.net
1966 TR-4A CTC 64615L (now, with floors)