Re: Octane Boost

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Octane Boost
From: ZinkZ10C@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 20:48:20 EDT
I've had good sucess with 100 Low Lead ( blue ) avaition gasoline mixed half
and half with premimum unleaded pump gas.  While it's not strictly "legal" to
run av gas on the street ( road use taxes) I figure the amount of gas I run
through the farm tractor, lawn mower and other non road engines makes up for
the imbalance ;+)

100 LL can be found at most smaller airports, a few years ago it was ~ $2 per
gallon.  It's best to show up with a can or drum as it is illegal to pump the
stuff directly into a car.  Even better to show up in a pick up truck or
other plain car.

Be careful, some grass strip airports sell 80 LL ( red ), yuck  :P

The only down side to 100 LL is the high Reed Vapor Pressure, the stuff
evaporates rather quickly so vapor lock, hard hot restarts and fuel bowl boil
over could be a problem.

Harold