Fan belt replacment TR6 x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: bob <rmf3860@erols.com>
Subject: Fan belt replacment TR6 x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 20:16:17 -0400
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by bob
>I was in the process of doing a bit of preventative maintenance, so I
decided to change the fan belt on my 75 TR6. Before starting, I read the
Haynes manual. It says that the cross member in front of the crank
pulley has to be removed to replace the fan belt; I can see why.
Doesn't it also seem like the steering rack is in the way as well?
Unless I'm missing something, there's no more room between the rack and
the crank pulley than there is between the cross member and the crank
pulley. Am I missing something?

I sure hope this isn't one of those dumb questions...
<

You bet it is.  Necessary to move the steering rack, that is.  As for being
a dumb question, by no means is it a dumb question.  The last time I did it
I took the cross brace loose on the left side and the steering rack loose
on the right side.

Boy, you'd think that after all the trouble it was to change the belt on
the TR4 they would have fixed the problem when given the chance with the
new frame  on the TR6.  BUT NOOOO!

Dave

P.S. at least there's only one belt.  The TR8 has five!