The new MINI

To: "mg" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: The new MINI
From: "Jay Snavely" <jays@paonline.com>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 15:36:05 -0400
Well we got to see the new MINI at the Carlisle Import Show this weekend.
Everyone I spoke to was very impressed.  It is a very well done retro car.
It was a beautiful dark blue with white roof.  There is a large tach right
in the center of the steering wheel, mounted on the column like the add-on
tachs in the 60's when American cars didn't have them.  The seats seemed
very comfortable.  (yes, they actually let us into the car!)  The door
panels are mostly open, with large silver painted side protection bars
running across the center of the door.  The rear seat is split and folds
down.  There is enough room behind the seats for a row of grocery bags.  All
in all, it looks like a fun-to-drive, daily commuter vehicle.  Hats off to
BMW.

Jay
74TR6