Re: picnic baskets (increasingly little LBC)

Subject: Re: picnic baskets (increasingly little LBC)
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 10:58:41 -0700
Cc: TR list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
TeriAnn Wakeman wrote:

> Kitty litter is a common substance scattered over a fresh oil leak as a
> first step clean up.

Is _that_ why it's all over my garage and driveway ! <g>

> I find it interesting reading about common stores men tend to visit.

To me, 'window shopping' is comparison shopping, or wishful thinking
while staring in the store window.  Kitty litter I just buy at the
grocery or pet store (whichever I'm at when I think of it), and
whatever's cheap.

While I do occasionally wander through Cost Plus and Pier One Imports
(two local 'import' stores that do actually carry picnic baskets), I'm
much more likely to be found at the local "aerospace junk" store, buying
Nyloc nuts by the pound or picking over their "by the pound" machine
tools (reamers, taps, drills, etc.).  I used to go window shopping at
Enco on a regular basis, but since their nearest store is now 2000 miles
away, I haven't bothered recently ...

I used to do the swap meet in Pomona at least once a year, but haven't
been in a few years now.  It's just gotten too big, with not enough
things I'm interested in.

Randall