Re: Paint...again

To: herald1200@home.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Paint...again
From: ZinkZ10C@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 19:43:54 EDT
Is this a 100 point show car or a Sunday driver?  I don't know how the
factory built the cars so can't advise on 100 point resto.

>From a practical stand point, paint the frame first, lines separately then
install.  If the lines are installed first paint won't reach the areas
covered be the lines.

As for paint my favorite is two part epoxy primer.  This stuff comes in light
gray and black ( the black is a very dark gray ).  This primer can be left as
is without any top coats, it drys to a satin finish and won't absorb moisture
like lacquer primer/surfacer does.

Best of all you can apply body putty over top and not have a adhesion
problem.  This makes it great for bare metal body repairs.

Harold