Re: Late Late Night Frustrations!

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Late Late Night Frustrations!
From: "levilevi" <levilevi@home.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 17:34:33 -0600
Cc: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Joe,

I wasn't very clear about which question I was talking about.   I was
referring to MY original question a long time ago about packing a TOB.  And
I was just trying to clarify that the advice was not to pack the TOB because
additional grease simply wasn't needed by the bearing.  There was no
discussion about ancillary problems (e.g. grease getting onto the clutch
plate) in that thread.

I know you understood the question but it wasn't the question I was talking
about.  I'm not questioning your theory about additional grease creating a
problem...it very well might do that.  I was just trying to suggest to Kai
that he not pack the bearing with additional grease because it wasn't
needed.

This probably doesn't straighten this out at all but then again it probably
doesn't really matter and besides I don't have anything better to do ;)

Bud Rolofson
71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
71TR6 CC65446 (Christmas Ornament)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck)