TR7 BFH Inner ball-joint shim

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net, tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: TR7 BFH Inner ball-joint shim
From: Eganb@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 22:09:04 EDT
This message may only be appropriate for fellow TR7 owners.

If you've read my latest emails, you know I have a LOT of play in the
passenger-side inner ball joint assembly on my TR7.  So much play in fact
that I wonder if the little spacer/bushing and washer inside the assembly,
that the end of the ball pushes against, is missing.

My Bentley manual shows the spacer/bushing and washer.  It looks like when
you unscrew the two outer-parts of the assembly, you can replace them.  But
the catalogs just sell the whole new ball-joint assembly.

So, if you know what I'm talking about, and you have an old inner-ball joint
assembly from a TR7, could you see if you can separate the parts and discover
whether there is a spacer/bushing and washer in there?

Yeah, I know, JUST BUY THE BLOODY INNER BALL JOINTS!!!!!

But this is so much more challenging...

Bruce
1980 Inca Yellow TR7 5-speed convertible
Chapel Hill, NC