Re: Key lamp / courtesy light location?

To: <corey.sherman@rcn.com>
Subject: Re: Key lamp / courtesy light location?
From: "Nelson Riedel" <nriedel@nextek.net>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 11:25:29 -0400
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Key lamp / courtesy light location?

> Never received any response, so I thought I'd ask once last time.
>
> On my 1971 TR6, I found the wiring for both the key lamp fitted to cars
> with locking steering columns and switch under the dash - the wiring
> harness has the bulbholder and double wire terminals in place.
>
> The question is where are these suspose to be mounted. I have the two
> pieces - the light bracket and a switch - but not sure about where to
> install them.
>

> Key Lamp bracket, TRF Vol 2, pg 297 627-318

This bracket is mounted to the lower dash flange. There is a hole to the
right of the steering column.  A sheet metal screw though the hole into a
clip on the bracket holes it in place.  It is that way on my  both my '70 &
'76.

> Courtesy light switch,  Moss Catalog, pg 66 #542-380 (?)
>
> Thanks in advance
> ________________________
> Corey Sherman

Couldn't find this switch  --- guess I have a different Moss catalogue.

The switch for the interior light on my '70 is part of the lamp assembly.
See part EH1 on page 297 of TRF catalogue, Volume 2.   The switch for the
courtesy lights in my '76 (and I think all models after CF1) is under the
radio in the center dash support bracket assembly.

The courtesy lamp for the later models is retained by a clip to the lower
dash flange under the glove box.   That's number EH14 on page 297 of the TRF
catalogue mentioned above.

Sounds like someone put a later wiring harness in your car.

Nelson Riedel
Granville, OH
76 TR6 (assembling after new paint)
68 TR250 (next project - new paint)
70 TR6 (all the parts in a pile ready to assemble)