Re: TR 4

To: Roger Ryan <rgryan2@excite.com>
Subject: Re: TR 4
From: Michael Hart <harty47@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 06:51:46 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Triumph Net <triumphs@autox.team.net>
 Roger,  Can't answer, I'm an electrician, not a welder. Someone on the list
should be able to help. Bought my TR4 from original owner and it was in decent
shape.

Mike

63 TR4 Surrey Top

  Roger Ryan <rgryan2@excite.com> wrote:
> 63 TR4 Surrey Top

Hello Mike

Noticed your signature - surrey top.

I just picked one up that is in very poor condition. It has the
aluminum top piece that needs everything. The window frame is broken in two
places. It is a good(?) break with no missing chunks.
My question is what how to repair. Someone suggested epoxy
impregnated fiberglass. It is cast I think so was thinking of a very good
welding shop that does aluminum. I have had some aluminum valve covers
repaired that way - but that was a much smaller repair.
Just trying to get input.

Thanks
Roger Ryan