Re: One dumb question from my wife... x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: "bob" <rmf3860@erols.com>, " TR list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: One dumb question from my wife... x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Sat, 26 May 01 08:58:39 -0700
>The second question is from me: Why have I frequently seen Cobras at
>British car shows? Is there a connection between Carol Shelby and
>British cars? If this question ends up being dumber than the first,
>please reverse the order as to which of us asked it!

The "AC" part of AC Cobra  is youe clue.  The basic car was manufactured
By the  AC motor Company in the UK.  The AC Ace and 289 AC cobra look
virtually identical from the outside.

So consider it an AC Ace that received a drive train swap from Carrol
Shelby in cooperation with the AC factory.

Fiero, I think it was manufactured in the US.  I Haven't paid much
attention to US cars for a very long time.

TeriAnn Wakeman               Marigold Ltd.
Santa Cruz, California        Web design, site updating, testing
webmaster@overlander.net      search engine optimization, graphics
                              and more

http://www.overlander.net/Marigold/index.html