TR3A Hood Seal

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net> teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id f4QL1LS26411
Subject: TR3A Hood Seal
From: "Justin Paxton" <Justin@BEXEL.com>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 14:03:50 -0700
Anyone have advise on how the hood seal goes on a TR3A.  Its got velvet
on one side, and rubber on the other.  It seems to go on the little edge
around the hood (bonnet?)  I assume two sides and along the windshield
edge (not along the front).  Do you cut it to make the turn?  If so,
how. Is it glued or is the crimped fold supposed to hold it?  Not much
of an edge to grab onto and stay.  Is it rubber towards the outside,
velvet towards the inside.  Whats the velvet for anyway.  I can't find a
decent picture of it in the Piggot book.  Anybody have a good shot of
one?  Thanks for your help.
Cheers: JP

59 TR3A TS40984  76 Spitfire "Parts All Over The House"