Ignition switch problem

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ignition switch problem
From: "John Middlesworth" <top_down@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 22:12:08 -0400
This is actually a problem with a '72 MGB, but since I was already subscribing
to the Triumph list and since the part may be similar to a TR part, I'll rely
on the wisdom of the Triumph group.  My B's column-mounted ignition switch has
suddenly stopped allowing me to move it into the position that would engage
the starter motor.  It turns to the point where the ignition is on (thankfully
allowing me a push start) but doesn't go any further.  I tried lubricating the
switch but that didn't help.  Should I be shopping for a new $150 switch?

John Middlesworth
TR4A, TR3A, MGB