Re: Computer wheel alignment (was TR7BFH Inner Ball Joint installation)

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Computer wheel alignment (was TR7BFH Inner Ball Joint installation)
From: "Kevin Andrews" <kandrews@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 21:36:24 -0400
No we don't load them. Most of our customers are local and we know their
driving styles. We mostly look at the tire wear than the specs. We always
ask for the customer to leave the old tires on the car. It is better to set
this way than go by specs and have them come back.
    I agree with all you said. It just gets me sometimes when people say you
don't need it. I know us TR guys are always looking out to save money. And
that is good.
    Yes I know all about the angles. Didn't need to tell me.
Done all that before at the race track.
    And as far as toe out on turns being bad. Take a look at the full size
Ford Vans when turning and notice the wheel laying in. Makes you wonder if
you want one.
    You are right on todays cars on anti-Ackerman, but I thought we was
talking about the TR's in general.
    Anyway, It doesn't hurt to get all the wheel angles for the cars. All
four that is.
    Kevin