TR7 BFH Wheel wobble

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net, tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: TR7 BFH Wheel wobble
From: Eganb@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 16:21:46 EDT
Triumphers,

I've noticed one of my alloy wheels is not quite straight.  When I spin it up
against a straight-edge, the rim moves back and forth about 1/8 of an inch,
left to right.  Three questions:

1.  Is 1/8 "wobble" excessive?  It's noticeable because the other three
wheels don't waver a bit.

2.  Since this is the wheel with the loose inner ball-joint assembly that
connects to the rack, could constant wiggle have worn out the assemby?

3.  Does it make sense to switch this wheel to the rear -- less problems back
there?

Hope everyone is having a good Memorial Day vacation.

Bruce
1980 Inca Yellow TR7 5-speed convertible
Chapel Hill, NC