RE: TR7 BFH Wheel wobble

To: <Eganb@aol.com>, <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, <british-cars@autox.team.net>, <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>
Subject: RE: TR7 BFH Wheel wobble
From: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@telocity.com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 15:38:51 -0700
Bruce,
Yes 1/8" IS excessive

1.  Are you spinning the wheel on the car or off.  If you are spinning the
wheel on the car it could be a problem that is unrelated to the wheel. Put
another wheel on that corner and check again.  If that wheel also "wobbles",
then its bearings, hub, or axle problems, not wheel problems.

2. Assuming that it is a wheel problem, is the "wobble on both sides of the
wheel or on side?  If its on one side, that could be a bent rim.  I have
seen firms advertised in Road & Track magazine that repair such damage.  If
the entire wheel wobbles (both sides), then I would start to look for a
replacement wheel.

Hope this helps,

Hugh Barber
Hollister, CA