Introduction

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Introduction
From: Tyler Buck <tpbuck@u.arizona.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 20:37:40 -0700
Well, I've been lurking in the shadows for a few weeks on this listserve so
I thought I should introduce myself.  I just bought my first LBC three
weeks ago, a 1978 Spitfire.  Needless to say I have become addicted to
researching DIY projects and repairs for the car in the very short period
of time that I've owned it.  I think I may have actually visited all of the
web pages that fellow spitsters have created.  Before I start bombarding
the lists with all of my little questions about the car I thought I might
offer a service.  Over the past weeks I have looked through dozens of
catalogues and hundreds of web sites trying to find the part/s that I need
at the cheapest cost.  As I'm sure all of you do.  Today I realized it
would be relatively simple to code up a program (oops, forgot to tell you
I'm a Comp. Sci major at the U. of Arizona) that would return the cheapest
vendor for the desired product.  The only problem I have found is all of
the varying product numbers.  Is there any source for common part #'s?  I
did find an official parts catalogue on an auction site....should I use
this as a reference?  If and when I get this working, would this be of
interest to any of you?  I can probably put it up on a web page for every
one to access.  I can't promise results yet, but any insight into what
factors I'm missing would be great.

For the time being I'm only going to concentrate on Spitfire parts.

Thanks,

Tyler Buck