Re: another question for the suspension gurus

To: "Douglas Frank" <frank@zk3.dec.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: another question for the suspension gurus
From: "Martin Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 14:26:50 -0400
Doug:

What would be wrong with adding negative camber to the front?  Racers
certainly do it.  My particular car is shimmed to eliminate the positive
camber up front, which extends the life of my tires, and has no negative
effect on the steering that I can observe.

(I have in the past asked people why the Spit-GT6 is positively cambered up
front, and I've yet to hear a compelling answer.)

Some Spitfire guys just cut one turn off the stock springs, heat the newly
cut end, hammer flat, and reinstall.  Never heard of it being done on a GT,
but I don't know that it wouldn't work...

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6