Whistling TR6 Revisited

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Whistling TR6 Revisited
From: "Rick Murray" <murray54@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 21:54:36 -0400
Took the suggestion to disconnect the belt from the alternator, take a short
spin and see if I still get the whistling at 2500 rpm.  Result was no
whistling so I guess it's the year-old Lucas alternator that's the source.
Not sure what I'll end up doing about it for now because the alternator is
working fine otherwise.  Again, thanks for the simple (and effective)
suggestion from all who sent it.  In about 30 minutes it solved a year-old
mystery!

Rick Murray
Lilburn, GA