Re: The Ultimate Compliment?

To: cartr4a@ameritech.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The Ultimate Compliment?
From: GreenBugeye@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 21:46:05 EDT
In a message dated 5/30/01 7:22:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
cartr4a@ameritech.net writes:

> I went for a ride in my '68 GT6 today to look at a '59 Austin Healey.
> The Healey was trash, but it was a nice ride.  I stopped at a light next
> to a new Corvette. There was a couple in the Vette...maybe mid 20's or
> so.  The girl was a very beautiful blonde, and she rolled her window
> down, hung out the door, smiled and said, "I love your car."  The light
> turned green, I said "Thanks", and let them hear the sweet sound of my
> Monza exhaust.  I don't think the guy even looked, but I don't think I
> would have either if I spent $50,000 and  my girlfriend was drooling
> over an old LBC.
> ...just one of the joys of owning an LBC.

This reminds me of the time I was visiting (i.e.: standing around drinking
beer and talking cars) with a friend who has several old Corvettes.  A
vanload of teenage girls came by, a window was rolled down and a voice
squeaked out, "We love your car!"  My in-need-of-attention 59 BRG Bugeye
Sprite was sitting next to his pristine 64 blue on white Vette convertible.
We exchanged glances briefly, then he shouted, "Which one?"

In unison, several teenage girls shouted back, "The greeeeeen one!"

I figure any car that gets that kind of attention in such competitive
circumstances surely deserves its own e-mail address!

Chris Eck
GreenBugeye@aol.com
59 Bugeye
59 TR3A