Re: Clutch Failure

To: sebking <sebking@freeuk.com>
Subject: Re: Clutch Failure
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 18:32:04 -0400
sebking wrote:

> I've never had a clutch fail in the terms that you guys in the USA keep
> having. I've had them wear down and slip. All the faults I've ever had have
> been master/slave problems, crap adjustment, or in cases where there's a
> cable, various faults.
>
> Are you sure it's not adjustment?

Phil,

I agree, I also have never had a clutch failure. Hydraulics, yes, adjustments,
yes but an out an out failure, either disc, pressure plate or throw out bearing
NO.

I guess it could be a faulty part, but I would question the "professional"
installer.

In my opinion there is not much technical knowledge required in order to install
a clutch.

By the way you didn't state what exactly failed.

Bob Labuz

1958 TR3A
1974 T140V