Got it home

To: "jack williams" <jackandangie@home.com>
Subject: Got it home
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 09:48:09 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "jack williams"
>When I got home I went to take my wife for a ride and it bagan making a
popping noise from the rear whenever I shifted gears. I thought perhaps a
u-joint, but it is not constant, only when I release the clutch on
shifting.
I'm new to this so any ideas on where to look would be appreciated.

Also, this is more just an annoyance, how do I reset the trip odometer? I
can't find any buttons knobs or anything to do so.

Last but not least, the guages have a bit of moisture in them, how can I
get
them dried out?
<

Jack,  Is the poping noise coming from the drive train or the exhaust?  If
it is exhaust it may be set too rich.  If it is drive train it may be the
spline joints in the rear axle half shafts.

The trip odometer is reset via a knob that should be mounted under the dash
below the speedometer, itself.  It should be mounted to a tab on the
structure underneath the dash.  (Note that I say should as these things are
sometimes mislaid by previous owners.  Good luck)

Moisture in the gauges?  Remember, this car just spent some time in
Houston.  It may take a while but the moisture (and frogs) will work its
way out over time.

Congrats on your new acquisition.

Dave Massey
71 TR6