Herald Progress

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Herald Progress
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 21:39:37 -0400
Well, it seems a little more progress has been made on the Herald, despite its
best efforts to stall me...

Now the full body, bonnet, and doors are all pretty well mounted and adjusted,
but it appears I have some re-reconstruction to do to the area directly behind
the driver's door, as it appears we welded it too far in to the B-post, as the
door refuses to line completely in, no matter what I try. I even got out the
BFH, but that did not help. The passenger side door practically fell into
place perfectly, but the drivers door is obstinate.

The rear valances are happily in place, and I am in the midst of the POR-15
coating of the entire interior. I have discovered that the "Semi-Gloss Black"
is much easier to work with than regular glossy POR-15! I have to thin the
regular stuff, just to get it to go on easily. I can hardly wait to have this
part finished, and be able to walk around without the black paint ingrained
into my hands...

Once POR-15ing and the POR priming are done I will set about resealing
everything. I have a good assortment of sealants ready, and have already done
a few areas. Then on to regular priming!

The differential and drive axles are in place, but ahead of schedule- The
dolly frame I built failed in the rear cross piece, and I was installing the
rear suspension, when I realized I could just throw another 2x4 in place, and
still have the dolly... I will install the rear spring, but leave the swing
arms off till after painting.

Hopefully, I will have the car ready for paint by the weekend, which means
that paint will go on very soon. Then I get to reassemble everything, and see
what it looks like....

Scott
64 Herald/Sports 1200 Convertible proceeding slowly...