TR3 engine noise

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 engine noise
From: Shrack04@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 15:27:09 EDT
I'm still hunting the ticking/clatter in my TR3 engine,, Sounds like a loose
rocker, but checked them,, twice, and watched them as it runs.  all seems to
be in order. I have a new rocker shaft and bushings,   I just ran a
compression test,, all 4 ran between 175 and 180 lbs. New 86 mm sleeves, and
balanced.  Sounds like it comes from the rear of the engine, up top,,   Could
the fuel pump arm make noise?  I wouldn't get that kinda of compression with
a broken ring,, would ?