RE: TR3 engine noise

To: Shrack04@aol.com, triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 engine noise
From: Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 15:41:51 -0400
>===== Original Message From Shrack04@aol.com =====
>I'm still hunting the ticking/clatter in my TR3 engine,, Sounds like a loose
>rocker,

Shrack04,

You didn't comment on the condition of the rocker arm tips or strike
surface... where the tip of the valve sits.  This a real issue.  If you adjust
the valves to .010 with a feeler gauge and you you have a lot wear on the tips
you will end up with very noise valves or just one valve if the problem is bad
on one rocker.  The real gap will include the depth of that indentation on the
rocker tip.

You can get around it with very careful use of that "Click-Adjust" tool.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L(O) - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site
http://www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn