Re: Clutch Problem

To: "Alex Monacelli" <amon5@yahoo.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch Problem
From: "Nelson Riedel" <nriedel@nextek.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 11:54:30 -0400
Alex,

Is it possible that the clutch disk is stuck to the flywheel?   That
happened to my TR250 after it sat for a few years.  You can verify the
clutch hydraulics by measuring the movement of the clevis pin that connects
the slave cylinder push rod to the arm on the clutch operating shaft. This
pin should move 1/2 to 5/8 of an inch when the clutch pedal is pressed. If
you measure this amount of movement, the hydraulics are probably OK.  If
not, then the hydraulics should be inspected.

Nelson Riedel
Granville Ohio
'68TR250, '70TR6, '76TR6

Subject: Clutch Problem