TR-6 Blinker(Trafficator) Problem

To: Joseph J Burlein <tr6guy@juno.com>
Subject: TR-6 Blinker(Trafficator) Problem
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 13:40:11 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by Joseph J Burlein
>My blinkers are inop and I can't figure out what is wrong with them.  The
car is an October 71 build date, so no seat belt warning buzzer or light.
 All the other electronics work including the hazards (all four bulbs
light up).   There is power going to the flasher module (which I
replaced).  I can't tell if there is power going to the switch itself,
but, it doesn't seem so.  Any ideas?
<

Joe,  you may have a bad hazard flasher relay or hazard switch.  The turn
signals feed through the relay and when the hazards are switched on the
regular flashers are disconnected.  If the relay is stuck in the hazard
position or if the contacts are not making good contact or if the wire
connections are corroded your turn signals will not work.

The relay is next to the fuse block along with the horn relay.

Good luck

Dave