re: Clutch Problems

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Clutch Problems
From: Alex Monacelli <amon5@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 13:27:21 -0700 (PDT)
I just wanted to thank everyone for their advice on
what was going on with my clutch. My clutch plates
were indeed stuck!

thanks once again,

Alex Monacelli

Hello -

I have been following the various discussions on the
list for quite some time, but have not yet ventured
forth with a question of my own...... until now!

I am the proud owner of a 1967 Triumph TR4a that has
been in the family since it rolled out of the factory.
 The car, over the years, has seen good times as well
as bad.

The car has been used sparingly this summer due to
some familial responsibilities that kept me away from
it.

This past weekend I finally was able to see if I could
get the car running. Unfortunately, I was unable to
get it in gear (though i was able to turn it on!). I
was unable to start it in first, and when I tried in
neutral, I could not get it into first.

The clutch pedal is quite firm, and when the car is
not on, I can move the clutch through all of the
gears.

What are the potential problems that I may be facing?
Master Slave Cylinder? What else? How can I identify
what is wrong with the car?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Alex Monacelli