Eastwood nickel plating kit question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Eastwood nickel plating kit question
From: francois wildi <fwildi@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 10:37:58 -0700 (PDT)
I have just had the first experience with the nickel plating kit from
Eastwood. Well... I do not know much confidence I have in my plated
parts. Actually, there was kind of a orangy tone on some of the parts
when they dried.
I had heard some quite positive comments regarding this set on the
list. I would like to know how you guys are cleaning your parts
before plating. And what lenght of time you leave the parts in the
bath. (I am using a power supply in place of the 2 D batteries, with
gives typically 1.6 amps at 1.5V. I do not know what kind of current
to voltage you would have with the batteries)

More controversial: Given what you get for your buck at Eastwood, I
wonder if some home platers do go to the local plating shop to
purchase the electrolyte and the nickel electrodes.

Have a nice day.
Francois
TR3A,TR3B