Beyond Belief edu>

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Beyond Belief edu>
From: "Kevin O'Driscoll" <ko3@columbia.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 11:18:51 -0400 (EDT)
This unbelievable tragedy has awakened the primal fears of our generation,
incredible sorrow and prayer.  Parents of children who go to school with
ours calling their spouses from the upper floors to say goodbye, knowing
they are doomed.  Friends and colleagues of mine still unaccounted for
more than a day later.  My children's Nanny is a mess, her cousin worked
in Tower 1 and has not been heard from, and her son is shipping out with
the Marines to the middle east.  I personally heard the collapsing towers
from 15 miles away while operating noisy equipment, a long low frequency
rumble.  Friends saw the mushroom cloud over the city and immediately
thought as I did that the worst fears of the cold war were coming true.
neighbors running outside hugging each other.  Other friends
witnessing the jets impact as they dock to go into work on the
ferry at the WTC, and having their trains turned around, thanking
God they were 10 minutes late for work.  The rescue personnel
decimated, Morgan Stanley Dean Witter occupying 50 upper floors,
decimated, the Port Authority personnel. Watching the fighter jets
scramble overhead to fly cover on the City, too late.  Why oh why couldn't
this have been prevented???????