Dislodging liners

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Dislodging liners
From: Angelo Graham <a3graham@admmail.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 10:42:43 -0400
Good day list:
Planning to "freshen up" my TR2 motor with new bearing shells, rings & a
valve job. The motor has around 40K miles on the clock and appears to be
well maintained. I don't want to pull the liners as I don't think this is
necessary.
Should I worry about dislodging the liners during the work with the head
off? How easy are they to get out anyway? Have heard many stories about
actually having to pound them out.
So, should regular engine work such as de-glazing and ridge removal disturb
the liners or should one take precautions to make sure they stay in place?

Many thanks,
Angelo Graham
1955 TR2