TR3a water pipe question

To: davidt@opentext.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3a water pipe question
From: a Wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 23:30:13 -0400
David,
I have the same pipe, with the same problem. The bracket is indeed too
long; I compared it to the original which I still have. You'll have to
either bend it to take up the excess, or drill a new hole and trim off the
end. I haven't attached mine yet so don't know which is the best solution.
I did report this to Moss but don't know if they will do anything about it.
Maybe you should mention it to them too so that someday we will have
benefited another restorer.
Regards,
Jim Wallace
...the water pipe from the pump...doesn't seem to line up to the coil
mount...The bracket appears to be 3/4" longer than needed. Is this
right? Does it need to be bent? I have the wrong part? Do I simply drill a
new mount hole?
Thanks
David A. Templeton
'59 TR3a