RiceMods

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RiceMods
From: "Michael Cook" <carrera@frontiernet.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 09:01:32 -0400
Rave Racer Rote:

> Now it's lowered, Exhaust, stereo, Audi Sport
> Team Joest Decals, and fender flares.  It's not a Jap and it is European,
> but it qualifies as a typical Honda boy ride without the superior attitude
> from the driver.  Does that make me a "Rice Boy"?

If done for showmanship, yes.
If done for TRUE performance, no.

>From your VW page:

"I couldn't afford to keep it on the road with the cops pulling me over all
the time, so I parked it and signed my life away to get a loan for an 87
Audi 4000 Quattro.  The Jetta has been sitting for a year (but driven
monthly or more out of love). "

So you similarly deface the Quattro and expect different treatment from the
police?

*Moment of clarity at 24 years old:
While, ahem..making progress in my Audi 5000 (200) Turbo Quattro...with a
Mustang GT on the highway in excess of the speedlimit (x 2), we both noticed
the radar operator at roughly the same time. I squeezed on the brakes
without too much nose dive due to the Koni's and faded behind the Mustang
(tinted windows, 'system' ,exhaust, etc) whose chin spoiler was by now, I'm
sure, dragging the ground...Guess who got the ticket? (Hint: not me)
Subsequently, a similar scenario has taken place more times than I can
remember.

I wonder if any of these people have ever driven in a car whose steering
wheel didn't shake from bent rims (205/35R19 ???)....or better yet, on a
~curvy~ race track, or coned parking lot, or 1800 miles in 21 hours. Hmmm...

Go quiet, go stealth, GO FAST!

Mike
'73 Triumph TR6
'81 Audi Quattro Turbo Coupe (Euro)