Re: RiceMods

To: "Michael Cook" <carrera@frontiernet.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: RiceMods
From: "Rave Racer" <Ravewar@home.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 02:03:53 -0400
> Rave Racer Rote:
>
> > Now it's lowered, Exhaust, stereo, Audi Sport
> > Team Joest Decals, and fender flares.  It's not a Jap and it is
European,
> > but it qualifies as a typical Honda boy ride without the superior
attitude
> > from the driver.  Does that make me a "Rice Boy"?
>
> If done for showmanship, yes.
> If done for TRUE performance, no.

    Well, I did buy the quattro for it's ability and not for it's show
worthiness, so I guess I'm ok.

> So you similarly deface the Quattro and expect different treatment from
the
> police?

    Actually, I've kept the mods understated on this one this time.  The
decals are small and not obvious, and the fender flares are stock from the
Jetta.  If I could get that bloody exhaust done right, it would also not be
obvious to the untrained eye either.  Of course, at first glance, any car
looks un modified next to my Jetta.  But the Audi is still not as obvious as
alot of the other cars around here, so I don't get a whole lot of attention.

    One last thing.... what's an Aprilia?

  http://www.audifans.com/registry/view.php?action=viewCar&carid=110
> > '72 Triumph GT6
> >  http://motorcities.com/contents/01I3H011116682.html
> > '83 Toyota Tercel (yoda)     Possible future Sandrail donor...  Maybe

---