She Starts

To: pbitton@axess.com
Subject: She Starts
From: jay_welch@juno.com
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 07:17:16 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi Patrick,

I had the same problem this spring after having the motor out for misc
things.  It ran pretty well til it started spewing gas from the vent in
the front carb.  Appears that the needle/seat (that allows the proper
amount of fuel in the bowl based on float level) was either dirty or
dried out from sitting without fuel over the winter.

Plug the fuel line and run the carbs dry.  Spray a liberal amount of carb
cleaner in the fuel inlets and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes.  Blow
compressed air lightly into the fuel inlets, being careful not to use to
much pressure.  Turn the fuel supply back on, start the car and tap the
carb bowl areas with a hammer....careful here, not too hard.  You may
have to do this a couple of times but will probably do the trick.  I also
run about 5 ounces of Marvel Mystery Oil in each tankful of gas.  Not
sure if this helps a problem like yours but it won't hurt.  It has been
said that this does help with the top end lubrication that is missing in
today's unleaded fuels.

Good luck,
Jay Welch, Abington MA
1971 TR6 project
1973 TR6 driver - wanting to "Drive it Hard"
Member "Cape Cod British Car Club" @
http://clubs.hemmings.com/capecodbritish/