Grounding taillights on TR4A

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Grounding taillights on TR4A
From: Dave Rupert <Dave_Rupert@codl.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 10:04:37 -0400
Listers,

I need some help jogging  my memory on how TR4A taillights (and plate
illumination lamps) are grounded.  The new wire harness is in, as are the
brand new taillight assemblies.  Problem is, there are two black wires with
bullet connectors at the breakout points in the main harness, but no
corresponding wire from the taillight assemblies.  Was there a ground wire
somehow connected to the taillight assemblies, or does the wire in the main
harness just get grounded to the body in the general area of the taillight?

Another one I'm stumped on is the windshield wiper motor.  I have three
wires, plus a ground with a ring terminal.  I know the ring terminal ground
goes at the wiper motor base.  I think I'm supposed to have a short jumper
harness that plugs into the motor, but that's long gone.  I can make one
easily enough.  If that is the case, I think two of the wires get tied
together on one connection of the motor, and the other wire goes to the
other connection.  I know that the manuals (Bentley's, Chiltons, etc) do not
show the schematic correctly in this regard, but I have a drawing which I
believe shows the correct wiring with the correct colors (forgot who sent it
to me, but thanks again!).  Question is on the clearly labeled ground
connector on the body of the motor (labeled with an "E").  If my thoughts
are correct on wiring up this puppy, I have no wires left to connect to it!
Does that terminal remain unconnected?

Please respond directly as I am in lurk mode.

Regards,

Dave Rupert
1957 TR3
1967 TR4A (getting closer!)