TR4 lower dash bracket (long)

To: Michael Gajic <michaelgajic@hotmail.com>
Subject: TR4 lower dash bracket (long)
From: "James R. Holekamp" <jholekamp@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 19:54:08 -0500
Cc: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Michael:
Good to know the info was of interest to you.  There seems to be some evolution
(as usual) in the center part of the dash details of the TR4 - page 4
(instruments and indicators) of the Owners Handbook, 6th edition, 1st printing,
2/64, publication part no. 510326, (the English language Handbook which came w/
my TR4 - I also have a German language Handbook [Handbuch fur Wagenbesitzer]
since the car was delivered by a German Agent) shows 2 very different photos of
the TR4 dash (figs 1 & 2). Fig 1 is for an early TR4 and fig 2 is for a later
TR4. Fig 2 depicts my car - ignoring steering wheel handing. If you wish I can
scan this page and send it to you - let me know.

Moss (UK) [2/99] catalog lists 3 variants of the "bracket, lower fascia board" -
w/ 3 unique part nos: 612237, 612246 & 612488 and com. nos./ export market
change points.  The drawing in the catalog(ue) shows a somewhat different lower
dash bracket than is on my car - the drawing shows a bracket w/ radiused corners
and 90 degree returns all around - mine is basically folded/flat.

I think that most radios in TR4s were installed by the selling dealers.

BTW, in '96 I had the large pleasure to travel from Sydney to Perth on the
Indian - Pacific Train - an fine time, very friendly people, and a great, big
country.

brgds, Jay